Hello – my name is Josiah Mackenzie, and I originally launched Hotel Marketing Strategies in 2008 as a way to publish my case studies and interviews with hoteliers pioneering the use of technology in hospitality.
Re-launched January 2014, Hotel Marketing Strategies is now a crowdsourced collection of photos and screenshots showing creative hotel marketing in action -contributed by a global community of people working to use technology to create better travel experiences for hotel guests and drive revenue growth for owners.
You might think of this new format as Wikinews (or Wikileaks!) meets your local hotel association chapter meets your favorite hotel news blog.
- The inspiration for my writing has always come from those on the front lines of serving guests and building the technology that supports that. Now, I’m removing myself as a bottleneck for those ideas getting to the broader hotel community.
- Now, designers, creators, builders and hoteliers can share their best ideas and work directly with the world
- For contributors – Your ideas will receive significant visibility. The best ideas will be recognized with even greater visibility and distribution – I’ll tweet your stories from @JosiahMackenzie and share on my LinkedIn and Facebook profiles (thousands of influencers following each)
How to publish
Tweet your photos or screenshots to @JosiahMackenzie with the #hotelmarketing hashtag – and the best ones will be added to this site.
It’s super simple, zero hassle idea sharing with the global hotel community.
Use of this site constitutes agreement to the terms and conditions. There are a few general publishing notes I ask each contributor to follow:
- This is a visual tips and ideas site – not a press release or article aggregator – so please only share work you or your team have done…or personal observations of cool hotel marketing
- Leave out performance numbers, since we cannot independently verify these
- The best photos or screenshots will receive extra attention in my social media syndication channels