What are the best hotels in Berlin? More importantly, how will consumers and industry influencers identify the best hotels in your city?
First, some background information. The title of this post sounds consumer focused for a reason. To succeed in hotel marketing, it’s important to think like your customer.
Research by Neilsen and others have indicated travelers are using consumer reviews as a deciding factor in which hotel they book. But what’s been missing is a standard measurement of online reputation. Specifically, a measurement that considers ratings in aggregate, and doesn’t rely on any one website.
ReviewPro is resolving this problem with the introduction of the Global Review Index, which is becoming an industry benchmark by which hotel groups are measuring their success (and progress) in online reputation scoring.
The algorithm – which was developed in collaboration with leading academics and hotel industry experts – summarizes guest opinion across 60+ travel review websites in 8 languages. It produces a score from 1-100 that reflects the overall sentiment in guest reviews and ratings. Having all this data in aggregate is perfect for a study like this to discover the best hotels in a city.
What are the best hotels in Berlin?
According to the study, they are:
- The Ritz-Carlton Berlin (The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company), GRI: 94.69%
- The Regent Berlin (Rezidor Hotel Group), GRI: 94.36%
- Casa Camper Berlin (Casa Camper), GRI: 94.02%
- Alma Schlosshotel im Grunewald (AlmaHotels), GRI: 93.93%
- The Circus Hotel (The Circus), GRI: 93.88%
- Grand Hyatt Berlin (Hyatt Hotels Corporation), GRI: 93.16%
- Adlon Kempinski Berlin (Kempinski Hotels), GRI: 92.85%
- Swissôtel Berlin (Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts), GRI: 92.57%
- Hotel de Rome (The Rocco Forte Collection), GRI: 92.47%
- The Mandala Hotel (The Mandala Hotel GmbH), GRI: 92.22%
ReviewPro is planning future city rankings in the future that will interest travelers, but the big questions for you as a hotel marketing professional are:
- Do guests consider your properties among the best hotels in your city? How would you know?
- How do guests view your hotel compared to your competitors?
- What is your plan to continually improve your online reputation ranking?